Work Discipline Influenced by Work Motivation

Faizal Sandry, Ali Muhson, Riyanto Efendi


Work discipline is an attitude that must be instilled by a worker in the world of work. Work discipline is influenced by various factors such as work motivation. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of work motivation on one's work discipline. This research methodology is ex post facto with a quantitative approach. Respondents in this study amounted to 40 employees of PT Tirta Kencana Tata Warna (Avian Brands) Bengkulu who were taken by total sampling technique. Methods of data analysis in research using regression analysis. The results of this study are as follows; work motivation has a significant effect on work discipline, where work motivation has a 40.2% effect on work discipline while the remaining 59.8% is influenced by other variables outside this study.


Work Discipline; Work Motivation

Full Text:



Amri, A., & Ramdani, Z. (2021). Effect of organization commitment, work motivation, and work discipline on employee performance (case study: pt. pln (persero) p3b Sumatera upt Padang). International Journal of Educational Management and Innovation, 2(1), 88-99.

Efendi, R., Indartono, S., & Sukidjo, S. (2019). The Relationship of Indonesia’s Poverty Rate Based on Economic Growth, Health, and Education. International Journal of Multicultural and Multireligious Understanding, 6(2), 323-330.

George, J. M., & Jones, G. R. (1997). Organizational spontaneity in context. Human performance, 10(2), 153-170.

Grifin, R.W. (2003). Manajamen. Jakarta. Erlangga

Luthans, F., Luthans, B. C., & Luthans, K. W. (2021). Organizational Behavior: An Evidence-Based Approach Fourteenth Edition. IAP.

Mangkunegara, A. P., & Octorend, T. R. (2015). Effect of work discipline, work motivation and job satisfaction on employee organizational commitment in the company (Case study in PT. Dada Indonesia). Marketing, 293, 31-6.

Muchdarsyah, S. (2003). Produktivitas apa dan Bagaimana. Bumi Aksara, Jakarta.

Prayogi, M. A., Lesmana, M. T., & Siregar, L. H. (2019, August). The influence of communication and work discipline to employee performance. In First International Conference on Administration Science (ICAS 2019) (pp. 423-426). Atlantis Press.

Razak, A., Sarpan, S., & Ramlan, R. (2018). Effect of leadership style, motivation and work discipline on employee performance in PT. ABC Makassar. International Review of Management and Marketing, 8(6), 67.

Sunarsi, D., Akbar, I. R., Rozi, A., Khoiri, A., & Salam, R. (2021, January). The Influence of Motivation and Work Discipline on Employee Performance at the Yogyakarta Tourism Service. In Proceeding The First International Conference on Government Education Management and Tourism (Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1-7).

Sugiyono, P. (2015). Metode penelitian kombinasi (mixed methods). Bandung: Alfabeta.

Sutrisno, S., & Sunarsi, D. (2019). The Effect of Work Motivation and Discipline on Employee Productivity at PT. Anugerah Agung in Jakarta. Jurnal Ad'ministrare, 6(2), 187-196.

Uloli, A. S., Akbar, M., & Kadir, K. (2019, December). The Influence of Organizational Culture, and Work Motivation on Work Discipline Employees in Secretariat General of the National Resillience Council. In Journal of International Conference Proceedings (JICP) (Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 1-4).

Wahyudi, W., Semmaila, B., & Arifin, Z. (2020). Influences of work discipline, motivation and Working Environment Non physical on Civil apparatus Performance. Point Of View Research Management, 1(3), 01-08.



  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c) 2023 International Journal of Multicultural and Multireligious Understanding

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

International Journal of Multicultural and Multireligious Understanding (IJMMU) ISSN 2364-5369
Copyright © 2014-2018 IJMMU. All rights reserved.