The Effectiveness of Holistic Marketing and Word-of-Mouth Communication on Purchasing Decision at Pt Asuransi Central Asia Branch Office of Tiang Bendera West Jakarta

Lod Sulivyo, Riyan Siswoko, Tegor Tegor

Abstract


Holistic marketing is a marketing concept that defines an overall corporate entity. Word-of-mouth communication is one way to spread rumors. Word-of-mouth communication is also the most ancient marketing strategy that is still widely implemented until now. The objectives of this research are: 1) to determine the effect of holistic marketing on purchasing decision, 2) to determine the effect of word-of-mouth communication on purchasing decision, 3) to determine the effect of holistic and word-of-mouth communication on purchasing decision. This research applied quantitative data collection method which was carried out through questionnaire distribution and literature studies. Based on the testing results of hypothesis 1, the holistic marketing variable (X1) and purchasing decision (Y) do not have a significant correlation because the sig. value (p) = 0.000 < 0.01. Based on the testing results of hypothesis 2, word-of-mouth communication (X2) and purchasing decisions (Y) have a significant correlation because the sig. value (p) = 0.000 < 0.01. Based on the testing results of hypothesis 3, holistic marketing (X1) and word-of-mouth communication (X2) variables on the purchasing decision variable (Y) are simultaneously and significantly related. The contribution of holistic marketing and word-of-mouth communication variables on purchasing decision is 86.1% and the remaining 13.9% is affected by other variables.


Keywords


holistic marketing, word-of-mouth communication

Full Text:

PDF

References


Choi, H., Ko, E., Kim, E. Y., & Mattila, P. (2015). The role of fashion brand authenticity in product management: A holistic marketing approach. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 32(2), 233-242.

Hasan, A. (2010). Marketing Dari Mulut Ke Mulut (Word Of Mouth Marketing, Yogyakarta: Media Press,

Hennig-Thurau, T., Gwinner, K. P., Walsh, G., & Gremler, D. D. (2004). Electronic word-of-mouth via consumer-opinion platforms: what motivates consumers to articulate themselves on the internet?. Journal of interactive marketing, 18(1), 38-52.

Kim, W. G., Ng, C. Y. N., & Kim, Y. S. (2009). Influence of institutional DINESERV on customer satisfaction, return intention, and word-of-mouth. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 28(1), 10-17.

Kotler & Keller. (2009). Manajemen Pemasaran. Jilid I. Edisi ke 13. Jakarta: Erlangga.

Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (2012). Defining Marketing and the Marketing Process. Principles of Marketing, 14th Edition, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.

Rangkuti, F. (2009). Strategi Promosi yang Kreatif dan Analisis Kasus Integrated Marketing Communication. Jakarta : GramediaPustakaUtama.

Sugiyono. (2012). Memahami Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: Alfabeta.

Sugiyono. (2013). Statitika Untuk Penelitian. Bandung: Alfabeta.

Sugiyono. (2013. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan (Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D). Bandung: Alfabeta.

Tsai, S. P. (2005). Integrated marketing as management of holistic consumer experience. Business Horizons, 48(5), 431-441.

Wangenheim, F. V., & Bayón, T. (2007). The chain from customer satisfaction via word-of-mouth referrals to new customer




DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18415/ijmmu.v6i1.562

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Multicultural and Multireligious Understanding

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

International Journal of Multicultural and Multireligious Understanding (IJMMU) ISSN 2364-5369
https://ijmmu.com
[email protected]
dx.doi.org/10.18415/ijmmu
facebook.com/ijmmu
Copyright © 2014-2018 IJMMU. All rights reserved.